About our Club:
The Norfolk Flyfishers’ Club was founded in 1969 and is believed to be the longest established fly fishing Club for Trout Anglers in the County of Norfolk. We currently own a 20 acre lake, which is a reclaimed gravel pit, situated approximately 15 miles northwest of the city of Norwich, just outside Swanton Morley village.
The aim of the Club is ‘to offer good value, flexible and affordable trout fishing to all in Norfolk and surrounding Counties.’ Our current member limit is 175 anglers and is drawn from right across Norfolk. The Club is run and managed by anglers for anglers on a non-profit making basis with any income over expenditure ploughed back into continually improving the Fishery and facilities we offer.
At the lake we provide a comfortable club house with tea and coffee making facilities; a booking in and weighing in facility; unisex flush toilet and hand wash basin and some shelters round the lake where members can escape the vagaries of our British weather when needed. In addition numerous fishing platforms have been erected, many with adjoining seats, thus enabling our members and guests to fish comfortably and safely.
The season runs from 1st March 2021 to mid February 2022 and it is a strict Catch and Kill only. Up to 80 fish per year and 8 fish per week can be caught. However there are other possibilities for fishing at the lake.
- Extension Tickets – Unlimited number; £80 for 20 fish.
- Member Day and Guest – Day Member Tickets – Trout £25 (4 fish). Coarse, for river and/or lake, £5.
- Summer Coarse Fishing Lake (provisional dates) – Saturday 12th June 2021 until Saturday 11th September 2021 (members only) from 15 swims or more as decided by the Committee at the time.
- Winter Coarse Fishing Lake – 1st November 2021 to 12th February 2022 for pike only (members plus day guest members). No other coarse fishing is allowed in Holkham Lake over the Winter period.
- Fishing River Wensum – In accordance with EA rules.